Knoxville Citizen - 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Limit Kid's Screen Time
Kid's these days!
All they want to do is play video games, post on social media and watch television.
Maybe they should go outside and play or maybe they shouldn't..
According to legendary Wine Connoisseur, New York Times best selling author, speaker, and Internet personality, Gary Vee, they shouldn't. While it's important to exercise and stay fit, this is the world these kids are growing up in and it's only going to get worse.
Phones, Tablets and computers are the future and kid's today need to learn to navigate these devices, social platform and other technology if they want to keep up, become successful and make waves in the world.
Here are five things to consider:
- There are people who make their entire living with their phones and social media.
- Working entirely online is a real thing, but it requires a high level of technical skill.
- Computers, Social Media and online communication will be considered very basic skills in the future.
- Being and entrepreneur and providing for yourself is the new cool trend. Is your kid a free spirit. If so, give them the opportunity to learn skills that will be useful during their solo journey.
- Maybe your kid will be the next Bill Gates.
No one really knows what the future holds, but we do know that technology isn't going away and it's going to be a necessary skill for almost every industry and career field known to man.
So, maybe some extra screen time for the kids isn't the worst thing in the world.