Knoxville Citizen - Apparently, It's Hard to Find a Job in Knoxville
Each year thousands of American's grow tired of their jobs.
Some get passed over from promotions, some stop being challenged, some simply hate their bosses and some are just looking for a change.
Well, before deciding to make a change we wanted to let you know that according to a new report by WalletHub, Knoxville is a tough job market compared to many other major cities in the U.S.
Here are a few tips for finding a job in a difficult job market like Knoxville.
- Keep your current job until you find employment elsewhere. It's always easier to find a job if you already have one.
- Get creative. Instead of applying on indeed go directly to the company website. Fewer people are doing this and your resume may end up in a smaller stack.
- Utilize the cover-letter! Most people don't even bother, so the fact that you did could make you stand out among your peers.
- Perfect your Linked In profile and connect with potential employers.
- Speaking of Linked In, share posts, write article and leave intelligent comments. This is a simple way to show your depth of knowledge within your field. It could impress the right person.
- Technical skills are in! If you don't have one, consider it an option to start a new venture.
We hope this helps! Good luck on your search for employment!